Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

February is all about Valentine's Day. It's the day of the year that women look forward to, unless you don't have a valentine then you dread the day and everything about it. I do not fall into that category. I love Valentine's Day. I tell Gunnar it's the one day you have to be lovey dovey and sweet to me. As if he's not like that any other day.

This year we both had to work on Valentine's Day. I had to work during the day and he went into work right before I got off. So I walk into my room after a long day at work and I see a giant pink unicorn (which I wanted soooo badly), a bouquet of beautiful orange roses, Breaking Dawn part 1, and the sweetest card ever. Now I was fully prepared for our Valentines to be spent on Friday night. Instead I got this great surprise. I started crying as soon as I saw it. He even made my bed which was an added bonus. But this was by far one of the sweetest things he's done for me. He made this Valentines so special even though we didn't see each other.

Moral: sometimes good things are hidden behind a door just waiting for you to open it. Don't hold back, go for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment