Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Someone Special

Today I need to say thank you to two very special people in my life. The reason being that they picked me up when I was at my absolute lowest.

Roughly 3 years ago (before I started dating Gunnar) I suffered from depression. This was a on going problem I had for about 3 years. By looking at me you would've never guess but it's true, I was extremely depressed.

Today it hit me hard again. The past week or so has been tough but today I was at my breaking point. And it was terrifying. I had not felt this depressed in years. I had not had these thoughts or empty feelings for years. I was legitimately terrified.

So those that I would like to thank for saving me from myself today. First, my very best friend Dixie. She has always stood by me and always been there no matter what. I love her to death. She honestly has no idea how much of a help she was today. She even offered to drive all the way to my campus to be with me.



Secondly, I would like to thank my boyfriend. He was a huge help and just having him beside me made me feel safer. He's my rock. I love him more than anything. And I know for a fact that without him with me today I would still be feeling depressed. Without both of them I would be depressed.




So thank you, to both of you. You have no idea how much your support means to me.

My moral for this post is don't be afraid to tell someone how you feel. Don't be afraid to ask for help. You are loved and people care about you and don't want to see you upset. They will stand beside you through anything and help you through it. God doesn't put you through anything that you can't handle. Sometimes you just need a support team to help you out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment