Monday, February 18, 2013

Bothersome

Something that really irks me to no end. And being a college student I see this a lot! Too much.. The dreadful JAYWALKING!!! I am very much so against jaywalking, unless of course the cross walk is an unreasonable distance away, then I can kinda understand. The one that really gets to me is when the crosswalk is 3 feet away from you and you can't walk in it. It's there for a reason, USE IT!!!

Also, I hate HATE HATE walking in the grass. I had a bad experience when I was younger. It was time for recess and we all ran outside, walked through the grass. I was wearing my white light up tennis shoes and of course, the lawn guys had just cut the grass and dew was on the ground. So naturally grass got all over my white light up tennis shoes. And I was devastated, I still get upset when I get grass on my shoes. Only in special circumstances will I walk through the grass, today I did, even when I do I still worry about getting mud or grass on my shoes.. very troublesome.

But back to the jaywalking issue. Today I saw a girl walk all the way across the parking lot, go beside my car and cross the street. This would be perfectly fine if the crosswalk wasn't not even 7 feet away from her. IRKS ME!!!!!!!!! IT'S A BIG WHITE CROSSWALK ON A BLACK ROAD!!! YOU CAN'T MISS IT!!!!!!!

I would also like to thank my very best friend Dixie for turning me into this madwoman. I like to thank her for many of my little quirks.


My Moral today... the government does things to help or protect us. Crosswalks for example are for protecting you against cars. If they hit you, you have every right to sue them. The big white lines with the "Watch for Pedestrians" sign is there to help and protect you. Especially when there's one every 30 feet. USE THEM!

That is all. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment