Monday, February 11, 2013

Another Day, Another Change

Well my dears, much has happened this past week. Today was an eye opener for me.

Over the weekend I made a huge life decision. Now I have thought about this for a couple months now, but this weekend I finally decided. I am changing to a Business Management major. This would be my second major change since I've start college (I'm a sophomore now). Then again, that's what college is for, deciding what to do with your life.

When I first started college I was a Pre-Nursing major. I new what I was going to do with life. I planned on being a Labor and Deliver Nurse and work at a hospital in Denver, CO (which is where Gunnar and I plan to move when we are ready to settle down and start a family).

Now my first year or college was tough, I've had a lot of medical issues with my eye that came out of nowhere. So I've had my fair share of hospitals, surgeries, and doctors offices (gladly I'm getting better, I'll save that for another post).

Last semester I was taking biology, and out of nowhere when my professor would talk about blood or anything I would get incredibly sick to my stomach, I have no idea why. I want to be a nurse, blood and babies are my thing. Why is this happening to me? So, towards the end of the semester I decided that maybe I shouldn't be a nurse...

I needed to start looking into what I'm interested in and how I can make a living out of it. Well, unfortunately I can really go far with crocheting or knitting so I had to dig deep. My very best friend is a history major, and I began thinking, hmm.. history has always interested me, also I've always been envious of her being a museum curator. I'm a nerd I know, I love history and museums. So I decided to become a history major.

Now I'm working at a Staffing Agency now, I absolutely LOVE my job. I wouldn't change it for the world. So now that I've been here for awhile I have decided I would like to pursue this as a career. I talked to my big big boss last week about what I could do, where could I go with this. And she helped me decide on Business Management. I'm going to finalize everything in a couple weeks, I need to ask Academic Advisement some questions, and who knows when they'll get back to me.

Moral of all this, choose to do something you love. Do something you will enjoy until the day you die. A part of me always knew I would have an office job, when I was younger I wanted to be an accountant (so happy I grew out of that). But, don't let society or family pressure you into a career path that you won't be happy with. Although I LOVE history, I know deep down that I will enjoy business for the rest of my life. Also, I can always open up my own museum one day and have my very best friend find all the awesome pieces to go in it. :)



I have decided that at the end of each post I will write a moral to my rants. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment